How To Avoid Dry Skin This Fall
Fall time signals a lot of things. Halloween. Pumpkin spice lattes. Unfortunately, on the long list of things that happen during the fall is dry skin. Fall time is characterized by dry air, cold winds, and low humidity. Many people dread the fall season because of this very reason. From dry hands to patch facial skin, the fall weather is quite harsh on skin and often leads to dryness. Regardless of the fall weather, dry skin can be avoided. With the right guidance and tools, you can get the best skin of your life even in the fall time.
1. Moisturizing: This seems like an obvious point. However, beyond simply moisturizing, it is important to use not only the right kind of moisturizers but to moisturize at the right time. It is advisable to moisturize using a hydrating moisturizer. It is also recommended to moisturize immediately after showering before the skin has a chance to dry out. Few things will influence the dryness (or lack thereof) of the skin like the moisturizer you use. You should also moisturize well and often.
2. Drink water: Countless books could be written about the importance and benefits of drinking water. One of them is that it keeps the whole body, including the skin, hydrated. During the fall time, temperatures drop and as a result, we feel less thirsty and this may lead to reduced water consumption. Regardless of this, it is important to maintain good water intake to keep the skin and lips well hydrated. Your entire body will thank you for it.
3. Use a hydrating mask: There’s a mask for everything these days: removing blackheads, unclogging pores and improving complexion. There are also hydrating masks. Hydrating masks are special facial masks that help moisturize and rejuvenate the face. While they can be used at any time, dryer seasons like the fall are arguably the perfect time to make use of them. Not only do they moisturize the skin, they also give it a bright, healthy glow.
4. Invest in a Humidifier: The fall isn’t just cold and dry, it also signals a period of low humidity. These factors combined can lead to very dry and patchy skin. One good way of fighting this is to invest in a humidifier. As the name implies, humidifiers help to correct low humidity by releasing moisture into the air. By doing this, the skin is hydrated and less likely to dry out. The humidifier is also recommended to be used in the bedroom overnight.
5. Avoid products with alcohol and sulphates: Most makeup removers contain alcohol and sulphate. While this makes them efficient at removing makeup, it also dries out the skin due to the sulphate and alcohol in them. Therefore, they should be avoided during the fall and winter times. Visit your local drug store or beauty shop and look specifically or makeup removers that do not contain alcohol or sulphate.
Dry skin can be avoided this fall. Just follow the above steps.