Which Skin Foundation Is Right For You
Make-up can be a real minefield for us girls and knowing which products and which colors or styles to use can be wrought with danger. Most of us use a little bit of make-up each day, some more than others of course, and there is always a risk that we can get stuck in our ways with make-up, rather than exploring new products and new styles. The best thing that you can do with regards to your make-up is to try and fail until you get the product or the colors that are right for you, as well as keeping an eye out for what is best for people with your skin type. Foundation is a product which we all use, yet there is a wide range of recommendations depending on your skin type, to help you get the right foundation, here are some tips on which you should be using.
Dry skin can really cause problems when it comes to applying foundation and if you get it wrong then you may face a day with foundation flaking and coming away from your face. To counteract this we need a foundation which also has moisturizing properties, so that it will not only look great and stay in place, but also so that it can boost the moisture in the skin at the same time. The best which we have found for dry skin include the following;
- Best Budget – Bourjois’ Healthy Mix Foundation
- Best For Full Cover – NARS
- Best For Light Cover – MAC Face & Body Foundation
- Best AllRound – Paul and Joe Cosmetics and Make Up Beaute Foundation
Those with oily skin will know only too well how difficult it can be to re-apply your foundation once or twice per day, because by lunchtime that foundation has been rubbed off. There are lots of products however which are perfect for those who have naturally oily skin, and can guarantee that once applied, there will be no need to re-apply as it will stay on all day long. These are our favorite foundations for oily skin.
- Best Budget – L’Oréal Infallible Total Cover Foundation
- Best Natural Look – Pür Bare It All Foundation
- Best Full Coverage – Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation
- Best Long Lasting – Too Faced Born This Way Foundation
If you would consider your skin as being normal then you have the whole range of foundations at your finger tips, and here are some of the best depending on what effect you are looking for.
- Best Long Lasting – Bobbi Brown
- Best for Acne – Vichy Dermablend
- Best for Full Cover – Clinique
- Best for Natural Look – Chanel
- Best Bargain Brand – Maybelline
The best thing to do when looking for a foundation which both suits the look you are after plus the skin type which you have is to try many different types. Foundations are not always cheap so the best course of action is to head to the department store, speak with the make-up representatives and see which foundation you like best.